Friday, August 25, 2017

Fumbling Toward Culinary Talent: Cilantro-Lime Thousand Island Dressing

I made some Thousand Island dressing a while back. It was good, but conditions on the ground made me tweak the recipe a bit.

The traditional recipe calls for a hard-boiled egg chopped, minced onion, and parsley. 

However, I didn't feel like snipping parsley in the dark (I made the dressing at night), I prefer shallot over onion, and I had cilantro in the fridge. 

Ingredients
1 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of ketchup and Sriracha chile sauce
2 tablespoons of dill relish
1 tablespoon of minced shallot
1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of finely chopped cilantro
Small sliver of lime (think of a small cut-up bar lime used in a gin and tonic) squeezed
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Process
Throw the ingredients together into a bowl and whisk until smooth. 

No comments: